- Salary:£50,000-£70,000 per annum
- Term: Permanent
- Posted:20 Oct 2017
- Tiger Job ID:LGSOM58
Brand new House Manager role in rural Somerset, overseeing a beautiful estate used by a private individual and his team as executive offices.
This role is supporting the current Estate Manager in the transformation of and daily operations of the property. It is estimated that the role will be required for 6-12 months although this could increase depending on the workload across the estate setting. This is a standalone role with significant responsibility.
- Pro-actively manage all aspects of the property and the Principals use of the house for business meetings and guest stays.
- Working with the Estate Manager and Principal to define upgrade renovation works, sourcing suitable contractors to undertake renovations that meet time, quality and value standards.
- Supervise maintenance and upgrade works to the property ensuring efficient programming to minimise disruption to the Principal.
- Develop and implement routine maintenance programme to the property including M&E, general maintenance services to ensure the proper running of the facility.
- Develop a property manual for all aspects of the running of the property.
- Assess and recommend upgrades for the property to the Estate Manager / Principal.
- Day to day management of the Housekeeper.
- Understand IT systems and provide first fix solutions to the Principal.
- Ensure the environment is right for the Principal including but not limited to aesthetic, temperature, wifi, full usage, music, cleanliness.
- Strong eye for detail and determination to lead and exceed service standard for Principal and his guests.
- Proactively promoting and maintaining extremely high standards work – taking initiative to resolve and/or draw attention to areas that don’t meet required standards or any issues that arise.
- Very hands on approach with can do attitude to every aspect of the running of the property.
- Organised and thorough approach to tasks and the guest experience.
- A good all-rounder and team player.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
Successful candidates will be educated to degree level with proven experience in property management. It is likely that you will have supported a private individual as a House Manager and overseen building works and 5 star home improvements. You will have experience of managing contractors and working as part of a team and have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills. You will be positive and proactive and have an innate understanding of the importance of discretion and flexibility.