- Rate:£34,000-£46,000 per annum
- Location:London West End
- Term: Contract
- Posted:03 Jul 2017
- Tiger Job ID:NR010850
My client, a large Government department, specialising in independent complaint handling is seeking a Freedom of Information/ Data Protection officer to join the team on a temporary basis. This truly is fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and well-established organisation.
The main purpose of this role is to manage and respond to information requests, ensuring the company meets its published corporate targets and its legal obligations under the FOIA.
You will also have responsibility for all aspects of,
- Proactively manage a caseload of information requests of varying complexity, ensuring that these requests are completed within statutory deadlines;
- To act as the first point of contact for all external enquiries and staff seeking advice/support in relation to information disclosure issues;
- Develop and maintain knowledge of legislation;
- Keep accurate records to keep clear audit trail, making sure that all data is clear and up to date, and all other duties consistent to this position.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the FOI legislation and have experience in dealing with Freedom of Information. Someone who has the ability to handle difficult complex requests, someone who can work under pressure, is self-organised and has political sensitivity will suit this role. Suitable candidates must be available immediately.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond directly to all applications. If you are not contacted within 1 week please assume you have been unsuccessful at this stage/ for this particular role however do keep an eye on our website should we have other more suitable roles for you in the future.
If you are already registered with Tiger recruitment and you would like to know more about this role, please do get in touch with your consultant.