- Rate:£38,000-£41,000 per annum
- Location:London West End
- Term: Contract
- Posted:10 Mar 2016
- Tiger Job ID:NR14455
This truly is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic Board Secretary/Head of Corporate Office to join a leading Goverment Department on a 12 month fixed term contract based in a great central London location.
The real purpose of this role will be to help shape the existing Board support unit and its processes into a slick and professional operation. As well as manage a team of Executive Assistants. You will be responsible for the smooth and efficient administration of the Board and its Committees, supporting the Chair and Chief executives; acting as a primary point of contact between board members and the rest of the organisation, facilitating good communication and mutual understanding, duties include:
- Ensuring the activities of the Board and its Sub-committees are transparent and synchronised; playing a key strategic role in establishing mutual synergies between board and its sun-committees and the Executive and its teams
- Supporting Chair through the recruitment process for new board members
- Ensuring that the board follows due process and adheres to relevant policies and governance principles
- Ensuring that the Corporate Office team plan and manage diary engagement’s for the Chair, the CEO and Board members
- Managing the Corporate Office Secretariat- delivering seamless service to the Board and Directors
- Agenda setting, reporting, drafting, circulation and publication of meeting minutes and ensuring actions are recorded and followed up accordingly
Successful candidate will ideally have previous Public Sector experience and understand the importance of:
- Of how the business and a Secretariat can effectively support Board members
- Of the public sector context for responding to MPs, Parliamentary Committees and FOI requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successful track record of building a team into a responsive and high preforming unit
Thank you for your interest in this role. Unfortunately we are unable to respond directly to all applications. If you are not contacted within 1 week please assume you have been unsuccessful at this stage/ for this particular role however do keep an eye on our website should we have other more suitable roles for you in the future.
If you are already registered with Tiger recruitment and you would like to know more about this role, please do get in touch with your consultant.